HOW TO SURVIVE A DECEPTICON ATTACK
1. Stay alert.
Most television and radio stations will broadcast an emergency alert when a Decepticon attack takes place in the area. If you do not have access to a radio or television, watch for signs of attack -- explosions, light flashes, unexplained dust clouds, tremors in the earth, low-flying jets and other aircraft where there are no airports or airstrips, etc.
2. Remain indoors if possible.
If you are caught outside during an attack, try to get indoors if possible. Houses and small business are generally safer than large businesses, hotels, office buildings, and other large buildings.
3. If an attack occurs nearby while you are driving, remain in your vehicle.
Exiting your vehicle will most likely only attract undue attention. Find an alternate route that takes you well away from the fighting, or return to wherever you came from and resume your trip when an "all clear" is announced. Drive at or slightly below the speed limit -- a speeding vehicle will attract undue attention.
4. If you find yourself trapped, remain where you are.
A running figure attracts attention more readily than a stationary one. Conceal yourself if there is a hiding place within easy reach and remain there. Stay put until you are rescued.
5. Signal an Autobot only if it is safe to do so.
If you are certain an approaching Transformer is an Autobot (you can clearly see the red Autobot sigil), wave your arms and/or call for help. (Warning: a blue optic color does NOT always indicate a Transformer is an Autobot.) Follow all directions an Autobot gives you the first time they are given. Remain with the Autobot or Autobots who find you until directed otherwise.
If You Are Captured By Decepticons
1. Stay calm.
Do not do anything to antagonize your captors. Speak only when spoken to, using a respectful but not submissive tone of voice. Do not try to run -- it will only provoke a chase. Remember that even a small Decepticon can easily outrun you.
2. Keep a safe distance from the Decepticons if possible.
A "safety gap" of ten feet or more is advised. If you are any closer, there is a danger that the Decepticons cannot see you and can possibly kick or step on you.
3. Comply with any demands made.
Hesitation or protests can result in death or injury, or can mark you for retaliation later. Answer questions, but do not volunteer information.
4. If a Decepticon picks you up, don't resist.
If you struggle, the Decepticon might tighten their grip to keep from dropping you, resulting in injuries. Take deep breaths and stay calm, and keep your hands and arms to your sides to prevent them from getting caught in the Decepticon's finger joints. If the Decepticon drops you, try to land on your feet -- your legs will absorb most of the impact, and while this can result in leg injuries, a leg fracture is preferable to a skull or spinal fracture.
5. Wait for rescue.
Few abductions by Decepticons result in human injury or death. Stay calm, and do not attempt to escape on your own unless you are positive the Decepticons intend to kill you. If Autobots or human military arrive and begin firing, stay low to avoid friendly fire.
1. Certain locations are far more prone to Decepticon attacks than others. Often (but not always), these locations will have a pre-established emergency plan in the event of an attack. Ask about such plans as soon as possible after arriving. Use caution when visiting any of these locations:
*Autobot bases and installations
*Military bases and installations
*Areas with high amounts of volcanic or radioactive activity
*Museums, historical sites, archeological digs, and other areas where strange artifacts have been found or are known to be located
2. Stay on the alert for suspicious-looking vehicles, including but not limited to:
*Oddly colored military vehicles
*Low-flying jets or other aircraft
*Construction vehicles with a predominately green color scheme
*Vehicles that look out of place, such as sports cars in an industrial area, construction vehicles where there are no construction sites, or spacecraft where there are no space centers
*Vehicles that don't appear to have drivers or have darkly tinted windows
*Tape players and other electronics that have been left unattended
*Any vehicle or device bearing a violet Decepticon sigil
3. Do not approach any suspicious-looking vehicle or electronic device. Call the police or the nearest Autobot base immediately. Try to remember identifying characteristics of said vehicle or device -- color, make, model, location, etc.